Schedule of upcoming classes (9- week sessions)
National City Adult (NCA) Evening class 4pm – 8pm M-F
- January 13 to March 26, 2020
- April 6 to June 17, 2020
1. Complete HealthCare Essentials (HCE) course prior to applying. Call San Ysidro Adult (SYA) for schedules and info regarding this course. (SYA 619-428-7200) We will also accept HCE or HCE equivalent – Verify with CTE office to make sure that your documentation will meet the pre-requisite requirement.
You may apply if you are enrolled in HCE course and will complete before CNA start date. Go to: http://adulteducation.sweetwaterschools.org/
2. Click on programs/ Certified Nurse Assistant
a) Click on Application for CNA. (bottom of the page)
b) Complete your application accurately. Ensure you give us an accurate email address and phone numbers.
c) Click SUBMIT button. DO NOT CLICK SUBMIT MORE THEN ONCE.
The CTE office will verify your application and will reply with a confirmation email within 48 hours.
3. Print and complete all forms from our website.
· Physical and TB Test (must be completed on our forms; no other forms will be accepted
· Flu Shot
· CPR Card – must be for:
Healthcare Provider, Professional Rescuer, or Basic Life Support BLS – ONLY –
· Live Scan forms (type info and print two copies) you may contact Atlantic Services for an appointment 619-476-0075.
· Proof of textbook purchase (A Nursing Process Approach 10th Edition. ISBN-10 1-4180-6607-9)
· Proof of scrubs purchase ( Burgundy -at least 2 sets )
4. Bring your completed forms to the Career Technical Education Office at National City Adult School, 517 Mile of Cars Way, National City. You can bring your completed forms between the hours of 8:30am – 1:00pm, Monday & Tuesday. Call the office at 619-336-9423 prior to make sure that someone is there to take your documents.
CTE will accept paperwork for the January session beginning December 2nd. Please do not bring paperwork to the school site prior to that date.
5. When all of the above requirements are completed, you will be confirmed into the CNA Program.
CTE does not keep a waiting list. Questions? Call 619-336-9423 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org