CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION
The admission requirements for the CNA program are as follows:
1.Pass the TABE Reading Assessment with a 560+
2. You must complete Health Care Essentials Course (HCE). If you have a 560+ you may take the HCE course concurrently. However, you must maintain your coursework or you will be dropped from the CNA program.
3. Complete CNA application online (click on link below) within 48 hours you will receive a confirmation email with instructions.
4. Download forms and fill out all your information.
- a. Physical and TB Test – (These items must be completed on our forms; we will not accept other forms)
- b. CPR Card – Make sure this is for: “Health Care Provider“, “Professional Rescuer” or “Basic Life Support” (BLS). Call Livesaver CPR/AED training 619-227-4277 for class schedule.
- c. Live Scan Form – (You will need 2 copies filled out with your info (view sample) Call Atlanic Services 619-476-0075 for appointment.
5. Purchase Textbook –(“A Nursing Process Approach” 10th Edition ISBN-10#1-4180-6607-9)
6. Purchase at least 2 sets of burgundy scrubs. (Click Here)
7. Completed Forms, bring all your paperwork to the Career Technical Education(CTE) office located on 458 Moss Street, Chula Vista, CA 91911. You must show Proof of book and scrubs purchase in order to place you in our program
8. Processing of Forms will be on M-F 8:30 am to 3:00 pm, until classes are full.
When all of the above requirements are completed, you will be confirmed into the CNA Program.
CTE does not keep a waiting list. Questions? Call 619-934-6605 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org