A new student is classified as the following:
- Has never attended classes at one of our 4 Adult School locations
- Is currently enrolled in a one semester course and will complete the Program Pathway at the end of the current semester
- Is currently enrolled in the 2nd level of a multilevel course and will complete the Program pathway at the end of the current semester
- Is currently attending classes and will be changing school sites
- Is transferring from another school, institution, program outside of our school district
Our education programs are measured in clock hours and benefits are paid based on scheduled class hours per week. Certification will be processed for one individual course per semester. Students are not allowed to combine classes for benefit of increasing hours.
HEALTH OCCUPATIONS COURSES
To enroll in any of our Health Occupations courses you will need to take a Reading Assessment, for date/times check our CTE Health Occupations Reading Assessment Schedule
Step 1: Apply for Veterans Administration Educational Benefits
Apply for benefits by visiting www.gibill.va.gov, click on: “Apply for Benefits,” this will launch VonApp program. Follow online instructions to complete application. Choose Chula Vista Adult School, 1034 Fourth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91911 as your school of choice. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility from VA.
Step 2: Transcript Evaluation
If you have attended any other schools within the last 5 years, you will need a copy of your transcripts. You are required to have all prior credits, both civilian and military, evaluated for transfer and application towards the certificate program you’ll be working on. Your enrollment certification will not be submitted to the Veterans Administration if you do not complete this step. We require transcripts for all schooling attended within the past 5 years. (Military Dependents do not need to submit transcripts)
Step 3: New Veteran/Dependent Student Orientation
Attendance at one of our New Student Orientations is MANDATORY prior to registering for class for Fall semester.
Please check our Veterans Orientation Schedule
link for information regarding orientation schedule and options. Individuals that do not complete the mandatory orientation will not be eligible for enrollment through our Veteran Education Program.
Step 4: Registration for classes
Registration for NEW Students will begin on Monday July 10th at 8am and will be available at all 4 individual school site.
Browse our course catalog (will be available online beginning June 1st) for available classes and schedules. Take note of course times and location of the course of choice. The location of the course is the location you will go to for registration beginning July 10th.
Course registration is based on first come, first served basis. Once courses are full, registration for that class will end. There are no exceptions to this policy. Waiting lists are not available for our program.
Per Veteran Administration, (Title 38 U.S.C. 3680A(d) and 38 CFR 21.4201), each individual program must meet VA regulations in respect to class counts. Therefore, to remain in compliance with this policy, each program will have a maximum cap of up to 85:15 ratio for Veteran student enrollment
Once enrollment is complete, you will need to submit enrollment information to the Veteran Program Clerk at Chula Vista Adult School. Enrollment Submission schedule will be available by mid June
Items required for certification:
- Copy of enrollment information (schedule given at school site)
- Payment receipt (if applicable)
- Current copy of Certificate of Eligibility (dated within last 12 months)
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Picture ID
- Statement of Student Understanding – Attendance/Conduct Policy ( will be given at time of submission)
Enrollment Submission Instructions:
- Veteran Program Office will begin accepting walk in submissions on Tuesday July 18th
- Enrollment submission will be available during the hours of 8:30am-12:30pm and 2:00pm-4:30pm ONLY.
- Walk in submissions WILL NOT BEaccepted before Tuesday July 18th.
Step 6: Plan to attend school
The first day of classes is Tuesday July 25th. If for any reason you won’t be able to attend, please notify the Veteran Program Office via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to attend first day of school will result in termination of enrollment and certification, unless prior notification has been received and approved.