The Sweetwater Union High School District, Division of Adult Education has partnered with the following organizations in order to provide students with pre-apprenticeship training.
- Sheet Metal Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee
- United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers, and Allied Workers, Local No. 45
- Able-Disabled Advocacy Computer Support Specialist Apprenticeship
- TABE Assessment in Reading and Math – Score of 560+ required for Reading.
- Social Security Card (this is a requirement of the apprenticeship program. You will not have to give the school a copy)
- Driver’s License
- GED/HiSet/High School Diploma (If you don’t have this requirement you will be able to register for free classes. This prerequisite must be completed before entering a pre-apprenticeship program.)
- CPR/First Aid (Not required but highly recommended by the apprenticeship program.)
- Register for a TABE assessment at any of our four school sites. Call School Site for TABE schedule.
- Bring Proof of the Prerequisite items to the Chula Vista Adult School, CTE Office, 1034 4th Avenue, Chula Vista, CA
Required Courses All Pre-Apprenticeship Programs:
- Math for the Trades (math, study skills)
- Introduction to Computers (Successful completion of Computer Technology 250E Precision exam) (if you have already taken a computer class we can waive this class when you provide proof of completion)
- Workplace Readiness
Additional Course Information
Sheet Metal/Roofer Waterproofer: Building Maintenance and Repair using “Building Trades Multi-Craft Core Curriculum”
Computer Support Specialist: A+ Computer Repair ending with A+ Certification. Class fees do not include cost of certification. (exam cost approximately $205)